Insurance / Payment Information

Insurance / Payment Information

Private Commercial Insurance — if you have private insurance please contact your carrier for more information.

Employer-Sponsored or Private Health Insurance

If you are insured through your employer or if you have purchased a private plan, check with your insurance company or human resource department to find out if the plan covers mental/behavioral health and, if so, what services are covered, what your co-pays will be, and what type of professional you can see. If your plan does provide coverage, you will need to be sure to use a provider that will be covered. Most insurance companies provide a searchable directory on their web site or provide a Member Services toll-free number on the insurance card.

If you are not covered by your employer or through a private plan, you may qualify for one of the following:

State of Kansas Programs

KanCare (Medicaid/Children’s Health Insurance Program): The state of Kansas offers health coverage for qualifying children, pregnant women, parents and caregivers, seniors and disabled individuals who meet income and other eligibility criteria. Coverage is offered through the state’s Medicaid program and its Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) also known as KanCare. KanCare is a managed care program that covers some Medicaid beneficiaries and all CHIP beneficiaries through two managed care organizations (MCOs): Amerigroup of Kansas, Inc., Sunflower State Health Plan, and UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Kansas.

Children with severe mental health problems may qualify for Medicaid. See if you qualify go to:

Apply Here  or call 1-800-792-4884 for applications or for assistance call 1888-369-4777

Click here for information on additional State of Kansas Resources.

Federal Programs

Medicare: Medicare is federal health insurance program for people age 65 or older and people under 65 with certain disabilities. Different parts of Medicare help cover specific services if you meet certain conditions. You have to be getting Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits to be eligible for Medicare if you are under 65. Once you get your SSDI benefits, you generally have to wait 24 months before becoming eligible for Medicare.  For more information about Medicare, visit, or call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227).

Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability (SSD): These federal programs provide assistance to people with disabilities. Both are administered by the Social Security Administration and only individuals who have a disability and meet medical criteria may qualify for benefits under either program. This web site was created by the federal Department of Health and Human Services to provide information to consumers and small employers regarding the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and health insurance market places for purchasing private insurance. (Some individuals may be eligible for federal credits to help with the purchase of private insurance through marketplaces.)